Friday, June 25, 2010

Another Summer's Day


I have been inspired to do more blogging these days (thanks erin!). I mean everyone likes to know what everyone else is doing right?

So the other day I was becoming quite anxious (about what?...well, career ideas, NCLEX-RN preparations, broken computers, etc) so I decided to go on a drive around town. Like most things in my life, the drive around town turned into an adventure. I discovered that the next town over, Mentor, is the nation's best location for growing roses. Who knew?! Apparently the combination of soil and lake weather is a perfect fit for roses. The things you learn. Then for fun I tried on eyeglass frames that cost over $200. That was fun. My expedition was nearing the lunch hour, so I stopped at my favorite place, Chick-fil-a. I couldn't help but eat outside on the patio while reading the day's paper (yes, I am 22 years old not 63). Anyways, the manager was cleaning the windows with a noisy squeegee (emphasis on noisy). Actually, it wasn't that loud, but the manager said I could go order a free dessert for the disturbance. Chick-fil-a just keeps getting better (yes, I am easily pleased).

Well, I feel like more happened that day, but that is all I can remember. Oh well.

Today, my satisfaction in public libraries has only increased. Free books, movies, computers, etc. The beauty of our tax dollars at work.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Your new background is so sophisticated! It makes me feel like I have to be sitting by a tall window and drinking strong tea while I read your blog. Chick-fil-A and a library with selection are definitely 2 of the things I miss the most about the mainland. Also, I just LOVE stories about good customer service. Thanks for the delicious read. Keep it coming!